In the lesson we were able to create a banner for the top of the website, or blog as well as a little animated GIF and a badge to promote the date of the event.
> I really enjoyed this task as it anabled me to adapt a style to the the project in which i could follow through to various media streams.
>> The Badge - In general I'm drawn to vintage looking textures so I thought this was a great opportunity to incorporate this to my design. From google I chose appropriate looking images and textures which could form the background to the badge and change the contrast and hue in Photoshop to adapt to the colour scheme that I had previously chosen.

"This was my first attempt at the badge. I really liked the subtlety of the background and the way in which the event part was still readable even though the text was purposely cropped off the badge. I think colour wise I would have liked it more purple, but that can be easily altered. I'm really pleased with how it look and I think I carry the theme of vintage style through my blog will really tie together. I think that I will keep these to my blog as I'd like to try and keep the Website more minimalistic, so the user experience is reached to more people rather than intellectually minded".

"This was my second choice of badge, I took inspiration of Strictly Come Dancing' the way they look very jewelled and trendy. Although some adjustments will have to be made I think I prefer this one as I have chosen a font which resembles class and luxury. I have decided to use this font throughout as this will add an element of consistency to the whole aspect of the website."
>> Banner - The banner gave me the perfect opportunity to make a point as to what my event is called. I used the similar colours and fohnt to show that both were related. Below is the final one which I will use for my blog.

>> Animated GIF - This will be used to create a link from the blog to my website, giving everybody that little bit of dynamic through the experience of blog to website. I used Photoshop to use the Animation tool and faded the type in and out as well as the CANCAN* dancert behind to create a notion of movement.
>> The actual animated GIF can be seen at the top of the blog in all its glory...
No comments:
Post a Comment